Can't configure soundcard module

I use Sid with kernel2.2.19 and configured my soundcard as a module. When i use
modconf to install it, it gave me a default value to enter: io=0x220
irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330, but my soundcard is using irq 7, so i changed
it and then installed it, but i recieved the following error:

SB 3.01 detected OK (220)
ESS chip ES1869 detected
sb: Interrupt test on IRQ5 failed - Probable IRQ conflict

Installation succeeded.

Whenever I boot up into linux it always detects it but still says there
is a conflict, I have tried to change it back to irq 7 a few times now
but it stills has the same conflict, why is it still trying to detect
it on IRQ 5 ?

-Tristan-
looner3@qwest.net