Quality free VCD/DVD player?

Hi,

Which VCD or/and DVD player would you recommend? I'm currently
working on packaging mpegorion, but there might be better alternatives.
I looked at a few other proggies: like xine, but I'm not very
impressed.

My problem is that the usual "mtv" is very non-free, limited and
crappy. I'd like to use a free video player for my vcd's and dvd's.
Being able to use an "illegal" plugin for decoding commercial DVDs would
be a plus.

I'm not on the list, please retain the Cc:

Regards,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr