<no subject>

After loading the basic setup and configuring the various components during the installation process, and after entering the login and password, I attempt to enter the X window environment with “startx”. I ALWAYS get the error message “You must provide a ‘Screen’ section in XF86Config for at least one of the following graphics drivers: fbdev.” Below that is the further message “Fatal server error: No configured graphics devices.”

It seems to recognize that my video card is a 3dfx Voodoo, but does not have a driver for it. However, I am not sure why that prevents me from “starting X.”

I’m new at Linux, so I’m not certain where I am screwing up. Do I have to reinstall and do something different in configuring the components or the install? Or can I enter some commands at the command-prompt after logging in to “provide a Screen section in XF86Config”?

Thanks tremendously for all info

Chris