Re: <no subject>

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 12:00:34PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> After loading the basic setup and configuring the various components during
> the installation process, and after entering the login and password, I
> attempt to enter the X window environment with ³startx². I ALWAYS get the
> error message ³You must provide a ?Screen¹ section in XF86Config for at
> least one of the following graphics drivers: fbdev.² Below that is the
> further message ³Fatal server error: No configured graphics devices.²
>
> It seems to recognize that my video card is a 3dfx Voodoo, but does not have
> a driver for it. However, I am not sure why that prevents me from ³starting
> X.²
>
> I¹m new at Linux, so I¹m not certain where I am screwing up. Do I have to
> reinstall and do something different in configuring the components or the
> install? Or can I enter some commands at the command-prompt after logging in
> to ³provide a Screen section in XF86Config²?
>
> Thanks tremendously for all info

You will have better luck getting a response if you use a relevant
subject heading.

It sounds to me like you haven't set up an XF86Config file yet.  You can
do so with -
/usr/X11R6/bin/XF86Setup
/usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config

Make sure you know your monitors vertical and horizontal refresh rates
and which server you need.  Need more help let us know.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted