Re: v4 x screen size and flicker

"S.Salman Ahmed" <ssahmed@pathcom.com> writes:
>     Bill> (WW) System lacks support for changing MTRRs
>                                                  ^^^^^
> Do you have support for MTRRs built into your kernel ? If not, recompile
> your kernel to include support for MTRRs (CONFIG_MTRR) and then see how
> XFree-4 behaves. I don't see a similar message in my log file.

  Done. The error message is now gone but the behavior (large margins
  and flicker) are the same. Thanks for the tip. I had no idea what
  MTRR was, but Configure.help indicated that it was a Good Thing.

"S.Salman Ahmed" <ssahmed@pathcom.com> writes:
> I have same video card as you and am running XFree-4.0.2-7 on a Sid
> system with kernel-2.4.2 without any display problems on a 19" monitor.

  If I had a 19" monitor, the image would fill the entire screen too ;-).

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!