Re: v4 x screen size and flicker

    Bill>  I just upgraded to X v4 (woody) and selected the mga driver
    Bill> for my Matrox Millenium G200. I have an NEC MultiSync 6FG
    Bill> (21") monitor. I now have two problems:
    Bill>
    Bill>     1. Large margins around the screen.  2. Incredible
    Bill> flicker.
    Bill>

[snip]

    Bill> (WW) System lacks support for changing MTRRs
                                                 ^^^^^

Do you have support for MTRRs built into your kernel ? If not, recompile
your kernel to include support for MTRRs (CONFIG_MTRR) and then see how
XFree-4 behaves. I don't see a similar message in my log file.

You can quickly check to see if you have MTRR support in your kernel by
checking for the existence of /proc/mtrr:

cat /proc/mtrr

I have same video card as you and am running XFree-4.0.2-7 on a Sid
system with kernel-2.4.2 without any display problems on a 19" monitor.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com