RE: Getting LILO right

Thank you Tom and David!

I was being *completely* thrown off by the fact that there was the "root"
directive and I thought that the "image" directive was root-relative!!

OK then, so at this point, I will try the band aids mentioned.  But at this
point I will probably scrape the disk and repartition since I finally
decided to make "workaday" distribution and will need fewer partitions to
play with.  It all boils down to a partition for stable-Debian, test-Debian
and "gee I'd like to look this distro over for yucks".

-rick