Re: [bounce-debian-user=w.l.devries=student.tudelft.nl@lists.debian.org: ]

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 01:42:33AM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 10:14:48AM +0100, Wouter de Vries wrote:
> > >
> > > Could you explain what it is you don't understand?
> > >
> > > [snip...]
> >
> > I get these bounce mails regularly and I wonder what they are and
> > whether there is something I can do about it.
>
> Does this happen shortly after responding to a message on this list?  If
> so, some people have their mailers misconfigured in such a way that a
> certain header (I forget which at the moment, Sender: ??) causes your
> mailer to try to send the message to such a person, but the address is
> not valid (usually only a local address).  This bounce will come
> directly from your system (exim).

Well, the strange thing is that I have nothing to do with the message or
the sender. I did not reply to the message. The only connections is that
I also am subscribed to the mailing list.
My account is hosted on a university machine running 'QUALCOMM Pop
server derived from UCB (version 2.1.4-R3)'.

Wouter