Re: Soundblaster AWE 64 installation and stuff

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Jeff Hornsberger wrote:

> Hi All. Just wanted to say that I've finally got my AWE 64 working, say thanks to
> those who helped me out and document how I got it working.
> The first thing was that I had my BIOS set to PnP OS installed (dumb I know, now I
> wonder how it worked on RedHat?) so once I fixed that I could play waves, but no
> midis and the mixer didn't work. This is the important part: with isapnptools 1.23
> pnpdump only detected the first of the IO ports for the wavetable section so I had to
> add the other 2 (not that uncommon from what I've read), but the hex addresses can't
> have capital letters in them or it doesn't work. I don't know why this is, but
> perhaps the maintainer should look into this because I have read alot of complaints
> about this problem. My isapnp.conf wavetable section now looks like:

yeah - that captial letter one is weird - It seemed to change from the
potato version of isapnp to the woody one, because when I upgraded to
woody sound broke, and I happed to remember something coming up about
letter case in the hex values - everything worked again after making
that modification to the file.

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au