Re: So, anyone knows wtf Apache.pm is? Was: Re: Testing upgrade and consequences

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 02:03:37PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 09:32:23AM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> > On Wed 14 Mar 2001, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmm, interesting... Why tf did I install apache-perl in the first place?
> >
> > Because the combination apache + mod-perl had/has(?) a pretty bad memory
> > leak? Which was why apache-perl was created in the first place.
>
> Is this an issue with certain versions of apache & mod_perl?  Do you
> know if it's been resolved?

It has been 'somewhat' resolved, in both potato and unstable (I
-think-).  The problem is that a lot of libraries are not good about
freeing memory when they expect the program to exit, and thus when they
restart they leak a bit.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team