cdrecord requires /dev/sg? driver - repost

Sorry for the reposting...

I have recently switched from RedHat to Debian and I am
having troubling running cdrecord.

cdrecord worked fine on RedHat on the same machine.

When I run cdrecord it says that it cannot open
the SCSI driver. When I read the cdrecord home page
it talks about the Linux version using a /dev/sg?
driver.

On Debian there are /dev/sg0 to /dev/sg9

On RedHat I find /dev/sga to /dev/sgh
and /dev/sg0 to /dev/sg7.

I'm stuck.

Can someone who has cdrecord working on Debian
help me understand what I must change to get this
working?

Thanks -- Randy