IDE UDMA/xx Hard drive and Debian

Hi all,

I am assembling a new computer at home.  It has an Asus P5A motherboard
(super socket 7)
and a AMD6- 2/500 Mh processor.  I want to install the lastest Debian
2.2r2  from CDs.
What would be a suitable EIDE hard drive to use?  I am worried that the
Linux kernel on this
release does not support the IDE UDMA/100  mode.  I have read the Howto
Doc on UDMA
but I am afraid that it did not seem clear to me.  Does it even matter
if the kernel supports the
UDMA/100?  The ASUS manual says that the board supports IDE  UDMA/33
standard.  What are the issues here?  Thanks for any help you can give
me.

George