Re: Use different cache dir for apt-get dist-upgrade

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 09:57:58PM -0500, Ian Patrick Thomas wrote:
> 	I am in the process of upgrading my distribution to 2.2 potato? or
> whatever is the latest stable.  I have already done an apt-get check and no
> errors were found.  The problem is that I get an error
>
> Sorry, you don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/
>
> 	I am only using 33% of my /var directory right now, does this file
> need more than 30mb.  If so then is there a way to specify a different file
> to use?  Maybe in apt.conf?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ian

Yes, just

cd /var/cache/apt
rm -r archives
mkdir /home/me/archives # or wherever
ln -s !$
apt-get update && apt-get -y dist-upgrade

The amount of space you need depends on how many packages you have installed.

Bob
--
Give your very best today.  Heaven knows it's little enough.