Re: linux card

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 12:15:26PM -0500, Mike Dresser wrote:
| brian moore wrote:
|
| > And... then you may as well go to Radio Schlock and get one of those
| > silly CueCat scanners.  Throw away the software without looking at it,
| > so you don't have to accept their silly terms.... Then you have a free
| > barcode reader.  See .sig :)

I always wondered what that weird looking sig was supposed to mean
;-).

| Aye, except that he might want a _working_ scanner.  I've got one of
| them at home, and the recognition... well...  it'd be faster to type
| the numbers in, than repeatedly scan the barcode, praying it'll read
| this time.  I've worked with proper scanners, there's a _big_
| difference.

Yeah.  My part-time job is in the video department of a fairly large
grocery store.  The scanners aren't CueCat, but they are aging and
often don't work quite right.  It's really a pain when it gets a bit
or two off and give a different number.  Or just ignores the first
couple of decimal digits in the code.  The "real" scanners are on the
cash registers at the front end.  I haven't worked front-end, but they
don't have nearly as much trouble as video has.

-D