Re: linux card

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 11:07:40AM -0500, Mike Dresser wrote:
> D-Man wrote:
>
> > 3) figure out from the docs/driver how to receive input from the
> >    scanner -- hopefully it has an interrupt to alert you that it has
> >    input for you,
> >
> >    the barcode scanners I use at one job connects through the keyboard
> >    port.  the terminal doesn't know whether it is getting the input
> >    from the scanner, or if it was typed in manually
> >

> speaking of that, you might want to leave that option of keyboard/keypad entry
> open, in case the barcode is damaged, but the numbers are still readable.  then
> you can still use the card until a new card is issued.

And... then you may as well go to Radio Schlock and get one of those
silly CueCat scanners.  Throw away the software without looking at it,
so you don't have to accept their silly terms.... Then you have a free
barcode reader.  See .sig :)

--
CueCat decoder .signature by Larry Wall:
#!/usr/bin/perl -n