Re: man dosent display X11 pages after they are installed

simon.harvey@angelfire.com wrote:
>i have downloaded xmanpages.deb and installation went just fine. but if
>i type say
>man XOpenDisplay
>it just pauses, when i push CTRL-C it then says that it cant  remove a
>file in /tmp.
>
>is there some kind of man data base that has to be told where to find
>the files or what ?

Wait and it will eventually work; man is just slow at picking up newly
installed man pages. When I get a chance I'll trace it and try to figure
out exactly why. The /tmp message is a bug, fixed in unstable.

There is indeed a database; 'mandb' updates it. That's unlikely to be
any faster than waiting for man to get round to things, however. :(