Re: Accented chars are replaced by ?'s

> Have you generated your locales?  Not really clear on where/how this
> happens, but it's part of the locale configuration somewhere.
>
> OK, try /usr/sbin/locale-gen, and check contents of /etc/locale.alias and
> /etc/locale.gen.

Yes I did, ie I uncommented french locales (fr8FR ISO-8859-1 and
ISO-8859-15 with euro) in /etc/locale.gen, ran locale-gen.
Everything went fine.
I didn't touch /etc/locale.alias, but it seems to be ok. I just wonder if I
should alias french and français to ISO-8859-15 (instead of ISO-8859-1) to
get euro in most places ??

Might my problem come from the installation of fonts ?

Franck