Re: lm-sensors and 2.4 kernels

Lee Elliott <LeeE@spatial.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> I used to be able to use lm-sensors with 2.2 and early 2.4.0-test
> kernels i.e. test5, but since 2.4.0-test11 - now 2.4.1, I've been unable
> to generate the sensors patch to apply to the kernel source.
>
> I've been able to generate and apply the i2c patch to all these kernels
> and hoped that one of the updates to the package, and there have been
> several since I first had the problem, would fix it but still no joy.
>
> Anyone else hit this problem, and hopefully figured it out?

I just took a stock 2.4.2/2.4.1 kernel and compiled it with the i2c
enabled and the development enabled. Additionally, I got the source
packages for i2c and lm-sensors, compiled and installed them.

Works fine here:
http://gecius.de/index.php3?target=sensor&english=TRUE

Actually, the html-output was done with another couple of scripts... :-)

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt