lm-sensors and 2.4 kernels

Hello List,

I used to be able to use lm-sensors with 2.2 and early 2.4.0-test
kernels i.e. test5, but since 2.4.0-test11 - now 2.4.1, I've been unable
to generate the sensors patch to apply to the kernel source.

I've been able to generate and apply the i2c patch to all these kernels
and hoped that one of the updates to the package, and there have been
several since I first had the problem, would fix it but still no joy.

Anyone else hit this problem, and hopefully figured it out?