default route by wvdial not set after temporary eth0-access (woody)

Hello !
I had potato on my machine until recently. To upgrade, I took my
machine to work, edited /etc/networks/interface to use eth0 (instead
of the ppp-link I ordinary use) and upgraded to woody.

Now at home I want to use the ppp-link again. Unfortunately after
wvdial I have to add the ppp-route manually

route add default gw IP_I_GOT_FROM_WVDIAL

I am pretty sure I did not have a route in my interface file before
(though during eth0-access I had one) and I reverted all changes in my
files in /etc back to what they were before (I had a temporary static
id, different domainname). I tried to understand where wvdial sets (or
should set) the route but not to avail.

Where do I tell wvdial to automatically set the route ?

Thanks

       Helge
--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.                      kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de