Mail question

Hello!

 > Hello all!
 >=20
 > I have two computers running Potato and Windows. What should I set for the
 > "mail user@host1" to work on host2 and vice versa?=20

 Km> Say you have two computers on your network, potato and mswin.

 Km> Are you asking how to send mail from user@potato to user@mswin, and
 Km> vice versa?

I am asking what packages should I install on Debian for mail transfer between
two debian hosts (send & recieve), and how to set them up?
It will be great if I could do that for win host to. I want to send & recieve
mail from mswin using potato as a mail server, as well. This is all only for
lan needs, I have no need for transfering mail out of lan.

Thanks.
... Aurora musis amica.