debconf problems

> Delete the old verson of base.pm that is installed somewhere in the
> directories listed at the end of perl -V, but is not part of a debian
> package. It would also help if you can figure out where that copy of
> base.pm came from -- did you locally install it by accident, via CPAN,
> or something? You're not the first person to run into this problem.

Okay, here are the directories returned by perl -V:
  @INC:
    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.0
    /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.0
    /usr/lib/perl5
    /usr/share/perl5
    /usr/lib/perl/5.6.0
    /usr/share/perl/5.6.0
    /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux
    /usr/local/lib/site_perl
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.6/i386-linux
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.6
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux
    .
These are the two base.pm files that I have found
out of those directories:
/usr/lib/perl5/base.pm
/usr/share/perl/5.6.0/base.pm

My question is: Which of these should I remove? How can I tell
which is not part of a debian package? Is there a command that
I should use?

As to where it came from, well, I am not sure. I have just
been adding and removing debian packages from www.debian.org
and so I assume that both files are from packages.

What is the next step?

Thanks for all the help so far.