Re: No sound with CT5880 on board

> I have Debian 2.2r2. When I installed it I selected the modules es1371 and
> soundcore. Then I installed alsaconf and other alsa packages and configured
> the module 0x10 Ensoniq-AudioPCI_ES1371 in alsaconf. Then i did update-modules.
> Here is the resulting section in /etc/modules.conf :

You dont have to include the kernel module for your card.. that would gets
problems with the alsa modules.

> lsmod says among others(there are no other sound related modules):
>
> es1371		0 (unused)
> soundcore	0 [es1371]

Beware you have no room now for your alsa module.. the slot has been taken
for the kernel module.

Try to rmmod the es1371 module and then modprobe the alsa module.

Regards

Roberto

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.ddts.net>
http://vivaldi.ddts.net