Re: No sound with CT5880 on board

Ok, thanks, I was confused about what belongs to OSS and what to Alsa.
Removing the OSS kernel module (es1371) and installing alsa with its ens1371 and a
bunch of others is the right way to do it. Not easy to find out if you
haven't done it before. Should be written in a famous place.
Besides, it still didn't really work with the potato alsa packages. I had
to compile the latest alsa sources and then change card_index1 to card_index0
(iirc) in /etc/modutils/alsa, because the ancient version of alsaconf in
potato counts cards from 1 and not 0.

Robert