Re: Email client and conversion from Netscape Mail on win32

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:41:38PM -0800, Michael Epting wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 06:21:32PM -0500, MaD dUCK wrote:
> >
> > abook package where?
>
> In unstable, at least, it's in main/Mail.  Just apt-get install abook.
>
> I took my Outlook Express (sorry!) address book and pulled it into
> (Windows) Netscape 4.76, then copied it over here to Debian.  I think
> there I had to do another conversion step using linux Netscape (this was
> a while ago) to convert it to the right kind of Netscape address book,
> and then abook did the conversion to use with Mutt.
>
> Another poster in this thread just told you and me how to sort of use it
> with Mutt, but honestly if I have to type the entire correct name of the
> addressee, that's completely missing the point of having an address
> book.  I was hoping I would get something I could browse.

Yeah, but I don't really use it.  (Had to run it to see what it did,
though... but I like mutt's internal aliasing better, and it's not like
the 30 or so aliases I have strain mutt....)

The Little Brother Database (packaged as 'lbdb') is probably better.
The description of the package sounds good, but, again, it's not like I
personally use many aliases... 'r' or 'L' work fine for 99% of my mail.

--
CueCat decoder .signature by Larry Wall:
#!/usr/bin/perl -n