RE: After Debian install, XMS and HIMEM errors prevent Win95 laun ch.

--- Joris Lambrecht <jlambrec@landis.be> wrote:
> very, very strange indeed,
>
> I've installed Debian (aug. 2000 release), Win9x, WinNT or 2000 and
> QNX
> (Neutrino) all on one machine and never had a similar problem. Did you
> by
> any chance run some extraordinary installation script or
> reinstall/upgrade
> some windows software afterwards ? Are you booting from a separate
> partition
> (a real linux boot) or using something like booting DOS/Win and then
> start
>
> Joris

No, not extraordinary installation script.
Yes, by chance, either immediately before or immediately after becoming
aware of A20 address line (wish I could remember order of events)
US Robotics software was re-installed, based on advice from a consultant
who was helping me with another Win95 problem: sometimes just after
modem disconnect, the PC would FREEZE cold.
The former, booting from separate partition.

Originally made an assumption that there was a connection between
Debian install and the A20-address-line error.  That now seems wrong.
Seems like a vicious cycle of problems wholy within the Windows
partition.              Thank you.