Re: After Debian install, XMS and HIMEM errors prevent Win95 laun ch.

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 02:12:46PM +0100, Joris Lambrecht wrote:
> I've installed Debian (aug. 2000 release), Win9x, WinNT or 2000 and QNX
> (Neutrino) all on one machine and never had a similar problem. Did you by
> any chance run some extraordinary installation script or reinstall/upgrade
> some windows software afterwards ? Are you booting from a separate partition
> (a real linux boot) or using something like booting DOS/Win and then start

Nope, nothing unusual.  I boot using grub, but it happened back when I
was using LILO as well.  I've got a couple machines that dual boot Win98
& Linux, but this problem only shows up on one of them.  The recent
mention of it here is the only indication I've ever seen that this is a
legitmate bug in Windows that affects people other than me.

I do suspect something with McAfee anti virus software, which I have on
the machine that does experience the problem but not on the other
machine.  The post that originated this discussion (sorry, I forget who
posted it) seemed to indicate the same.

noah