Where should top-level info menu (dir) for emacs be?

Where should the top-level info menu (dir) for emacs be?  Debian
policy says:

> Info documents should be installed in /usr/share/info. Your package
> must call install-info to update the Info dir file, in its
> post-installation script:
>
>             install-info --quiet --section Development Development \
>             /usr/share/info/foobar.info

But this call to install-info modifies the dir file in /usr/info, not
in /usr/share/info.  Now when I install a package (eg gcc-doc or
binutils-doc) that follows this policy, the info files go in
/usr/share/info, but the dir file there is not updated.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Will

--
William F. Dowling