Re: How proper upgrade to woody/glibc conflict

Hello !
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 11:12:16AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
> >Since php does not work on potatoe/alpha and postgres recommends
> >upgrading to the latest version (which dependes on a newer glibc then
> >potatoe has) I decided to upgrade to unstable.
> >
> >Putting unstable into my sources.list didn't do much so I changed it
> >to woody.
>
> Could you show us your /etc/apt/sources.list? Both that sentence and the
> error message you posted suggest the mirror you're using might be
> broken.

# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

Regards

     Helge

P.S. I tried different countries but without success.
--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.                      kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de
         For gpg-key: finger kreutzm@rigel.itp.uni-hannover.de