Re: dpkg -i error

gsjenkins@longview.net wrote:
>Ok, I've banged my head up against the wall alone long enough.
>
>I am trying to install veepee_1.0-1_i386.deb.  I have the deb on my local
>machine.  I have run the dpkg -i veepee_1.0-1_i386.deb only to get the
>following error:
>
>Selecting previously deselected package veepee.
>(Reading database ... 45417 files and directories currently installed.)
>Preparing to replace veepee 1.0-1 (using veepee_1.0-1_i386.deb) ...
>Unpacking replacement veepee ...
>dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute old post-removal script: Exec format
>error
>dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 2

Looks like /var/lib/dpkg/info/veepee.postrm is a shell script without an
initial #! line saying so. If you add a line to the beginning of that
file reading '#! /bin/sh' (without the quotes), does it work?

I can't find a package called veepee in the Debian archive, but you
should definitely complain to whoever built the package about this.

Cheers,