Re: DSL

> I'm new to linux and I'm looking to find out how to set
> up for DSL (which I'm using under W95. I need to know
> what program(s) I'll need to get online with linux. Anyone
> have experience with DSL?

You need to find out if your ISP uses PPPoE (most common w/DSL), DHCP,
or assigns static IP addresses. If they use static, you should have been
given an address to use.

If it's PPPoE, I'd suggest getting the Roaring Penguin PPPoE client. I
believe it's available through apt-get. Installing it will run the
config program for it (or adsl-setup, I think). You'll need to know your
ISP's DNS servers.

And the most important step, your network card needs to be setup and
working under linux before you bother with this !!! Can't skip this
step.

Hall