Re: DSL

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 01:11:25 -0800, Robert Tucker wrote:
> I'm new to linux and I'm looking to find out how to set up for DSL (which
> I'm using under W95. I need to know what program(s) I'll need to get
> online with linux.

This depends on the particulars of your DSL service.

E.g. here in .nl the former telecom monopolist provides a DSL service which
requires PPTP VPN (and thus for Linux use, a patched pppd) and custom log-on
scripts (using a webportal), whereas my employer offers DSL based on simple
DHCP (and thus for Linux use only requiring a DHCP client).

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would