network card update...final....:)

Well, that was interesting.  As I previously stated, the module was loaded.
So, I apt-get install dhcp-client just for kicks and boom...everything
works..mostly.  It grabbed the necessary info.  eth0 shows up under ifconfig
as it should, but now a "sit0" shows up.  it says:

sit0	link encap:IPv6-inIPv4

plus 5 more lines below that.

I have worked in linux for 4 or 5 years (new to debian I am ashamed to say
though) and I have never seen or heard of sit0.  What is it?

Brian Murphy