Re: Installing Debian

>With the reputed development support that Debian has throughout the
>world,  isn't there someone who could take some time and come up with a
>more fool proof and easier installation routine?.

Off you go then....

Which is the problem. Debian is a volunteer community, and the things that get fixed are the things that bug the developers (and they don't find the install difficult at all). This gives you a superb technical platform, but one with a pretty high entry requirement.

Having said that, I have no formal computer training, can't code for the life of me, and I find Man pages to be incomprehensible.

But with a little persistence i've got to the point i can install Debian in many different ways in many different places.

Done a windows install lately? if everyone had to do it (instead of buy pre-installed) people would grouse about "ease of install" on linux a lot less.

There are people working on a debian installer, and i wish them the best of luck. But don't forget this isn't a corporation. its just people doing what they want to do.