Installing Debian

I know I'm sticking my neck out on this one.

Debian seems to making a lot of progress by upgrading modules but is
still lacking in ease of installation.  It has reputation as being one
of the more difficult to install Linux systems which is especially true
for someone who is just starting to work with Debian.  Yes, there is
documentation but unless you print it all out and have it at hand during
the installation process, you're on your own. And, even the
documentation could be improved.

There are a few places in the installation where a first timer need to
decide what to type in and there's not one clue what it should be.  In
other places, you are given a menu to choose from but even here, a wrong
decision can lead you in circles and possibly failure. All is not bad;
there are places where things are as they should be.   Surely, the
installation process can be made easier and more positive so that anyone
can be assured that the end results will be what is expected.

Debian is being touted as a superior system and no doubt it is but does
the installation necessarily have to be such a hassle (a rite of
passage, so to speak) for beginners?

With the reputed development support that Debian has throughout the
world,  isn't there someone who could take some time and come up with a
more fool proof and easier installation routine?.

.