Re: StarOffice installation. - related problem?

On Monday 05 March 2001 02:23, Sebastiaan wrote:

> Ok, but after that I do '~/office52/soffice', the program fails with:
> Failed to load necessary components

The StarOffice icon on my desktop runs
"/usr/local/office52/program/soffice %f".  That is a bash script which
checks and sets some environment variables before it runs the real
executable.   ~/office52/soffice is just a symlink to the same script.

> It worked fine, until a week or two ago, when suddenly StarOffice
> refused to start.

Can't help you there.  Think carefully about what else may have changed
on your system around that time.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.