Re: Simple Woody install

The actual files you need from
ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/mirrors/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/

images-1.44/rescue.bin
images-1.44/root.bin

Next you need to decide how you're doing things from here.  If you have a
pile of floppies, you can get all the drivers-* and base-* files from
images-1.44.  We're looking on the wrong side of 13 floppies for this
method.

If you don't have 13 floppies or the patience, but DO have a partition you
can easily put 20 or megs somewhere near the root directory, you can get

drivers.tgz
base2_2.tgz

Please note that the above refers to potato, there's no good way to
install straight woody ATM.  This will set you up a ~40M distribution with
enough functionality to choose what you want from that point.  You're
looking at a tough row to hoe for this, but if you think you can hack it,
go for it!

<wordwrap added...>

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.