apt-get strangeness?

    Ok...

lupus:/usr/lib# dpkg -l xlib6g
uppercase=bad)
ii  xlib6g         4.0.2-1        pseudopackage providing X libraries

    I have xlib6g-4.0.2-1 installed.

If I try to install the dev package, this happens

  xlib6g-dev: Depends: xlib6g (>= 3.3.2.3a-8) but it is not going to be
installed

    But I _do_ have >= 3.3.2.3a-8!

    Help?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be  dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925