Re: Eek! X won't go away!

also sprach kmself@ix.netcom.com (on Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:42:15PM -0800):
>     $ startx <args> & exit
>
> ...which is what I use (do what I mean, not what I say).  I can assure
> you there are no console sessions on this box.

this will kill my X immediately and log off. the only way i got it to
work is by startx, ctrl-alt-f1, suspending, and then exiting.
obviously though, X remained suspended...

not even startx & sleep 10 && exit works.

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
"i'm always frank and earnest with women.
 uh, in new york I'm frank, and in chicago I'm ernest."