Re: Reconstructing Var?

John Travis wrote:

> Is there an easy way to reconstruct the basic heirarchy and files for /var?
> I had a reiserfs meltdown after installing 2.4.2.

When you say 'meltdown', what exactly do you mean? Can you go into more
detail about what appeared to happen? What kernel version did you
upgrade from? What versions of the reiserfs-utils did you move between?

I was just about to upgrade to 2.4.2, and I have a 17Gb reiserfs
partition, so I'd be very interested to know what we're dealing with
here. At the moment I have 2.4.1 with reiserfs-utils version [Crap!
www.namesys.com is busted so I can't find the version number]... well
the one that was on the Namesys site when 2.4.1 came out (probably the
latest).

Has anyone else experienced problems with their reiserfs partitions
after upgrading to 2.4.2?

Matthew