Re: freeze when mounting cd image using loop

I don't think so. Loop works fine on my 2.4.1. I made a hasty
downgrade from 2.4.2 after reading your original post and seeing the
problem for myself (need loop for my daily cdr burnings).
Interestingly I used my kernel config for 2.4.2 to recompile my 2.4.1.