freeze when mounting cd image using loop

Hi

	I am having trouble trying to mount a cd image with the command

mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0 cd_image /cdrom

I insert the loop module beforehand, but then the mount command just
freezed at the prompt. (not the system) and I tried to umount it. again the
command freezed. I tried to kill it with -9. and I can't kill it. when I
try to do a ps ax it showed up with a status of DL. when I tried to
shutdown the system, it freezed the shutdown (shutdown incorrectly)
Someone know what's happening?

Edwin Lau (lauedw@waves.utoronto.ca)