Drawing diagrams of servers

I want to draw some diagrams of a network showing things such as "user
uploads files to an FTP server, FTP server uses rsync to push data to web
server, users download data from web server".  I want to do this will little
boxes representing each machine etc.

Years ago I used visio to do this on Windows.

I tried Kivio (KDE visio-like program) but it doesn't allow me to specify
types of lines between objects (I want arrows to show direction the data
flows), it doesn't seem to allow labels on lines, and is generally klunky.

Is there a good program in Debian that allows this?

Please CC me direct when you reply, I'm not on the list.