A modules question

I'm tryng to build a machien this weekend to see if I can use testing. I need
largefile support, and that appaears to be the best way to get, but I also need a
machine thats reliable enough for production work.

In any case, I installed "stable" on this machine and all went well. It has an
Intel Etherxpress Pro 100 NIC in it, which requires the eepro module to be loaded.

I do this during install, and it is installed "permanently" such that when I reboot
the machine it's reloaded.

However after changing apt sources to point at "testing", and upgradeing this
module was not laoded. So I reinstalled "stable" and I'm looking around to see how
this is doen, so that I reproduce the setup afer upgradeing again.

But I can't find any trace of how it's done! I don't see it in /etc/modules.conf,
which in turn points me to the /etc/modules.conf directory. But a grep -I eep in
that directory reveals no trace of this module.

How does this work? And how can I _keep_ it workign after upgradeing?

Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.