Re: LILO and big HD's

To quote Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>,
# Hi
#
# I have win and lin insalled on my computer
# unfortunally windows must be on the first partition wich is 20 GB's
big. the
# next 20 GB's are for debian. Is there any chance to get LILO working
under
# this circumstances (perhaps a new version or something like that)?

Yup, the more recent version of Debian have large IDE disk support. You
need to add the line:

lba32

to the top of your lilo.conf to enable the code for it. Woody(testing)
and Sid(unstable)'s LILO packages are fairly recent, but
Potato(stable)'s are pretty old.

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)