Re: mouse works under gpm, but X screws it up

To quote Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>,
# 	append="-R imps2"     <-- this line was me fooling around

Get rid of that, and instead add a this line:

repeat_type=raw

# 		 Option "Protocol"    "imps/2"

I don't know if it's case-sensitive, but IMPS/2 works for me... It might
make a difference.

# 		 Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"

Yeah, make it use /dev/gpmdata - gpm and X are fighiting over the mouse.

# when i try to change gpm to use /dev/gpmdata, the mouse stops working
under
# gpm.  i've been at this for awhile.   can some kind soul tell me how
to get
# the mouse working under both console and X?  it's a bummer having to
kill
# gpm everytime i want to start X up.

Maybe I don't quite understand what you're saying, but here's how things
work, ideally:

'gpm' uses the appropriate protocol, ie: "imps2".
'gpm' repeats absolutely everything("raw" repeat_type) to /dev/gpmdata
X reads /dev/gpmdata, instead of the real mouse device.
Everything is happy. :)

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)