Framebuffer server uses lots of CPU?

I have X installed on a PII-233 but have had to use the XF86_FBDev
xserver because the others won't work with the video card.  I noticed
the machine was a bit sluggish, but I figured that was the processor.
Recently I was running top and noticed that the XF86_FBDev was taking up
about 42% of the CPU.  Is this normal?  Is there a reason the
framebuffer server takes so much CPU power to run?

Rob
--
robhr@core.com              2001-02 |
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O