Mozilla instability

Recently I have developed an odd problem with Mozilla - unfortunate, since
I'd pretty much decided to drop Netscape and go with Mozilla as my browser
of choice.

Whenever I try to interact with Mozilla at all, whether it's entering a
new address in the location field or filling out a form, doing so blows
the app away. It just disappears. I attempt to put the cursor in the
location field, hit backspace and the whole thing goes away.

Why would this happen? Mozilla hasn't upgraded in some time, so I can only
assume it's something else that came in over an apt-get dist-upgrade.

Thanks,

Glenn Becker
Online Producer, Community
SCIFI.COM