Re: incorrect memory

SamBozo Debian User wrote:

> Guess all is well now, it's just I wanted to know what I had done wrong
> and could change next time had to I re-compiled.

i don't think you did anything wrong. it's very normal to have to use
the append. i use it on most of the systems i run. and the 3 systems
i mentioned earlier are identical, same kernel, same distro same
version, same packages. the system at my location locks up when
it tries to reboot, and the other 2 systems do not. so clearly
some bios settings don't play as well.

only downside to using append is you gotta remember to update it
if you change the amount of memory in the box :/ especially
if you remove memory!!

nate

--
:::