Re: incorrect memory

Nate Amsden wrote:

> did you change any bios settings or perhaps do a flash upgrade? i have
> seen that certain
> bios settings do affect how much memory linux can see(although i haven't
> been able
> to track down exactly which ones). i have 3 mainboards in 3 different
> servers
> with slightly different settings 1 of them can see the full 256MB the
> other 2 cannot without
> the append for lilo.conf. all 3 mbs are identical down to the bios
> rev(we used the same
> flash files to update them). i have also had in the past systems that
> saw full 256MB
> but ater flash updating it only saw 64MB ..
>
> nate
Same distro's and versions on all 3? That is strange.

ONLY change was my 1st compile of a kernal, necessary so VMware would
install.

"The directory of kernel headers (version 2.2.15) does not match your
running kernel (version 2.2.17)" was the VMware error.

Now that uname gives me 2.2.17 VMware is happy. But it's a bit memory
intensive, so I noticed and traced down the change in available ram.

Guess all is well now, it's just I wanted to know what I had done wrong
and could change next time had to I re-compiled.

Sam Morgan